eMadrid talks about education in the new normal at EDUCON 2021
The eMadrid network will be, once again, part of EDUCON (IEEE Global Engineering Education Conference). This year's edition will take place between April 21st and 23rd. Although Vienna was scheduled to host this meeting, it will finally take place online, due to restrictions arising from the coronavirus pandemic. The organization is in the hands of the Carinthia University of Applied Sciences and the University of Applied Sciences Technikum Wien. This time, the theme chosen to be the common thread of the conference is "Women in Engineering."
EDUCON has become an unmissable event for professors, researchers and other professionals. We are talking about a fórum, sponsored by IEEE Education Society, which is considered the the largest reference in education in the IEEE 8 Region (Europe, Middle East and North Africa). For many people, its the perfect place for collaboration and Exchange of ideas on engineering teaching and learning around the world.
As usual, the eMadrid Network will participate in the conference with a two-parts-special session on "Education in the new normal", in which it will discuss the different models to organize university education when facing such an important challenge like the digitization of education. Good practices applied for the transition to emergency online teaching, models for the organization of teaching in a context of adapted presence, tools and applications with future projection or professional development or Professional development strategies for lecturing staff will be some of the topics of discussion.
The first part of the eMadrid special session will take place on April 22nd at 16:30:
- "Towards a Cloud-Based University Accelerated By the Pandemic". Carlos Delgado Kloos, Carlos Alario-Hoyos, Carmen Fernández-Panadero, Pedro J. Muñoz-Merino, Iria Estévez-Ayres, Mario Muñoz-Organero, María Blanca Ibáñez, Pedro Manuel Moreno-Marcos, Boni García (Universidad Carlos III de Madrid).
- This paper got the Most Innovative Paper regarding Engineering Education Award
- "Why students’ self-regulation is key towards the new normality?". Ignacio Noguerol, Bernardo Tabuenca, Edmundo Tovar (Universidad Politécnica de Madrid).
- "Data science meets standardized game learning analytics". Cristina Alonso-Fernández, Antonio Calvo-Morata, Manuel Freire, Iván Martínez-Ortiz, Baltasar Fernández-Manjón (Universidad Complutense de Madrid).
- "Providing Learning Success as a Service: A Structured Literature Review". Sophie Heim, Clemens Drieschner, Holger Wittges, Helmut Krcmar (Technical University of Munich, Germany).
- "iLabs as an online laboratory platform: A case study at Stanford University during theCOVID-19 Pandemic". Mohammad Asif Zaman, Lars Thorben Neustock, Lambertus Hesselink (Stanford University, United States of America).
- "Teaching Operating Systems in the Time of COVID-19". Eloy Anguiano, Rosa M Carro, Alvaro Ortigosa, Pilar Rodríguez (Universidad Autónoma de Madrid).
The second part of the eMadrid special session will start at 18:30, on April 22nd:
- "Studying the Students' Learning in LoT@UNED". Llanos Tobarra, Antonio Robles-Gómez, Rafael Pastor-Vargas, Roberto Hernández, Juan M. Haut (Dpt. Communications and Control Systems, UNED, Spain).
- "Students’ Emotions Using an Algorithm Experimentation Tool in the New Normal". J. Ángel Velázquez-Iturbide, Daniel Palacios-Alonso (Universidad Rey Juan Carlos).
- "BeA (Blended e-Assessment): Adapting to the COVID-19 world". Martín Llamas-Nistal, Fernando Ariel Mikic-Fonte, Manuel Caeiro-Rodríguez, Martín Liz-Domínguez (atlanTTic, Universidade de Vigo, Spain).
- "Promoting Computational Thinking through Visual Block Programming Tools". Pedro Plaza, Manuel Castro, José Manuel Sáez-López, Elio Sancristóbal, Rosario Gil, Antonio Menacho, Félix García-Loro, Blanca Quintana, Sergio Martín, Manuel Blázquez, Alejandro Macho, Pablo Baizán, Francisco Mur, German Carro, Clara Pérez, Ramón Carrasco, África López-Rey, Miguel Rodríguez-Artacho (UNED), Jose Antonio Ruipérez-Valiente (MIT).
- "Which Virtualization Technology is Right forMy Online IT Educational Labs?". Ahmad Samer Wazan, Mohammad Amin Kuhail, Kadhim Hayawi (Zayed University, United Arab Emirates), Rémi Venant (Le Mans University, France)
More info about eMadrid network at EDUCON 2021 here.