The SHEILA Project will discuss at a conference how to integrate learning analytics into higher education
To assist european universities to become more mature users and custodians of digital data about their students as they learn online, the SHEILA Project is developing a policy framework that promotes formative assessment and personalized learning. This project is using innovative strategies to disseminate and translate the outputs, and to set up a long term learning analytics policy agenda and community among higher education institutions across Europe.
Learning analytics holds great potential to address the challenges confronting higher education institutions. While the use of this new field has gained much attention and it's being adopted by many higher education institutions in Europe and the rest of the world, the maturity levels of this institutions in terms of being «student data informed» are only in the early stages. The SHEILA Project set out to address this gap by developing a framework that will help higher education institutions to adopt learning analytics systemically.
The SHEILA Project members will talk about this issue during a conference on «Supporting higher education to integrate learning analytics» to be celebrated on June 4h at House of the Dutch Provinces, Trierstraat 59-61, in Brussels. The registration is fully free and it includes access to the entire conference program, coffee breaks and lunch. All the information about this event and the tentative programme can be found at the following link: http://bit.ly/2JBqfce
The conference aims are:
- To present an outstanding line-up of speakers representing a wide range of key stakeholders.
- To discuss empirical findings of various perspectives to learning analytics collected by involving several thousands of stakeholders from across Europe.
- To present the SHEILA policy framework for learning analytics adoption in higher education institutions
- To demonstrate several case studies that were used for the development and validation of the SHEILA framework
- To facilitate an interactive session that introduces the practical use of the SHEILA framework
- To create opportunities for networking with stakeholders sharing common interest in adoption and implementation of learning analytics in higher education and beyond.