eMadrid at IEEE EDUCON 2014
The eMadrid network is present once again with a special session at the EDUCON conference. EDUCON (IEEE Global Engineering Education Conference) will be held this year from April 3 to 5, 2014 in Istanbul (Turkey). The eMadrid special session is entitled "On MOOCs, SPOCs and other online courses" in which members of eMadrid universities participate. Activities around the massive open online courses (MOOCs) are presented in both their original intent, accessible to everybody, as its restricted version to private environments as SPOCs (Small Private Online Courses).
The contributions of the different groups are as follows:
- Carlos Delgado Kloos, Pedro J. Muñoz-Merino, Mario Muñoz-Organero, Carlos Alario-Hoyos, Mar Pérez-Sanagustín, Hugo A. Parada G., José A. Ruipérez, Juan Luis Sanz (Universidad Carlos III de Madrid): Experiences of Running MOOCs and SPOCs at UC3M
- Iván Claros, Leovy Echeverría, Antonio Garmendía, Ruth Cobos (Universidad Autónoma de Madrid): Towards a Collaborative Pedagogical Model in MOOCs
- Manuel Freire, Ángel del Blanco, Baltasar Fernández-Manjón (Universidad Complutense de Madrid): Serious Games as edX MOOC Activities"
- Félix García, Gabriel Díaz, Mohamed Tawfik, Sergio Martín, Elio Sancristobal, Manuel Castro (UNED): "A Practice-based MOOC for Learning Electronics
- Nelson Piedra, Janneth Chicaiza, Jorge López (Universidad Técnica Particular de Loja), Edmundo Tovar Caro (Universidad Politécnica de Madrid): Supporting openness of MOOCs contents through of an OER and OCW framework based on Linked Data technologies
- Gregorio Robles, Hugo Plaza-Garcés, Jesús M. González-Barahona (Universidad Rey Juan Carlos): Free/Open Source Software Projects as early MOOCs