June 30th - July 1st, 2021
The 11th eMadrid Workshop is an online event. Soon more details on how to access.
Assistance is open and free but requires prior registration here.
IMPORTANT: Those participants who want to receive a document proving their attendance must fill out this form and follow the instructions indicated
For the second consecutive year, the eMadrid Workshop focuses its interest on the evolution of education during the pandemic thanks to the development and implementation of educational technologies. In this eleventh edition, we will analyze how, after the initial strong shock and surprise, E-learning has established itself as a key element to be able to maintain education and teaching in extraordinary circumstances, such as those caused by COVID-19. Its decisive role within the "new normal" has become clear, as well as the importance of the so-called "hybrid education", which gives its title to this event. The experts and researchers who are going to participate in the 11th eMadrid Workshop will talk about this.
The event will take place on June 30th and July 1st online. As always, the conferences of the eMadrid network (a project that brings together researchers from UC3M, UAM, UCM, UPM, UNED and URJC) will be free and open to the general public upon registration.
- Topics we will talk about: Hybrid education has become the preferred teaching modality during the COVID-19 crisis. It is time to analyze how it has been carried out in different parts of the world and the different forms it can take. The different presentations and panel sessions of the 11th eMadrid Workshop will revolve around this question.
- Who is interested in attending: all those people who, whether or not they come from the education sector, are convinced of the need to understand their profound digital transformation, especially in these times.
The program of these free conferences is completed with a special session, called "Lightning Talks", in which small companies that are promoting an entrepreneurial activity in the field of educational technologies will participate. In this space they will be able to exhibit the projects they are working on.
Finally, it is also worth highlighting within our program the eMadrid 2021 Awards. The jury will recognize three award-winning categories: best TFG, best TFM and best thesis. The winners of this edition are:
- Jon Echeverría San Millán, eMadrid Award 2021 for the Best TFG ("Design, development and evaluation of the KUMITRÓN system to monitor Karate combat that synchronizes aerial images with physiological and inertial signals").
- Laura Barbón García, eMadrid Award 2021 for the Best TFM ("Design and development of a Unity 3D application based on motion sensors to facilitate the pre-briefing of simulation practices in dentistry").
- Pedro Manuel Moreno Marcos, eMadrid Award 2021 for Best Thesis ("Learning analytics for prediction in heterogeneous educational settings").
Wednesday, June 30th (in progress)
|9:30 - 10:00||
11th eMadrid Workshop opening:
Juan José Vaquero López
Vice-rector for Scientific Policy, Universidad Carlos III, Madrid
Carlos Delgado Kloos
eMadrid Network coordinator, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid
Announcement of the winners of the 2021 eMadrid Awards:
|10:00 - 10:30||
«Built for learning: intentional technology for a hybrid future». Talia Kolodny, Engageli (English)
|10:30 - 11:00||
«Emergence of the Online-Merge-Offline (OMO) Learning Wave in the Post-COVID-19 Era». Ahmed Tlili, Smart Learning Institute of Beijing Normal University, China (English)
|11:00 - 11:30||Q&A: Talia Kolodny and Ahmed Tlili (English)|
|11:30 - 12:00||Coffee Break|
|12:00 - 13:00||
Panel session: "Innovative experiences in schools and high schools"
|13:00 - 13:30||
Presentation of the eMadrid Awards 2021 winning projects (Spanish):
|13:30 - 14:30||Lunch Break|
|14:30 - 15:00||
«The New Blended Normal: 7 Models for the Return to the Post Pandemic Campus». Ronald Owston, University of York, Canadá (English)
|15:00 - 15:30||
«Supporting Self-Regulation of Learning with Technology in Online and Hybrid Environments: NoteMyProgress V3.0». Jorge Maldonado-Mahauad, Universidad de Cuenca, Ecuador (English)
|15:30 - 16:00||
«Small Interventions to Support Student Self-regulation Online ». René Kizilcec, Cornell CIS Information Centre, USA (English)
|16:00 - 16:30||Coffee Break|
|16:30 - 17:00||
Yoon Jeon Kim, Universidad of Wisconsin-Madison, USA (English)
|17:00 - 17:30||
«Stealth Assessment of Physics Understanding in Physics Playground». Seyedahmad Rahimi, University of Florida, USA (English)
|17:30 - 18:00||
«Increasing Student Interaction with Formal Languages using Programmed Instruction». Cliff Shaffer, Virginia Tech., USA (English)
Thursday, July 1st, 2021 (In progress)
|9:15 - 9:30||
11th eMadrid Workshop presentation
|9:30 - 10:00||
Simon Buckingham-Shum, University of Technology Sydney, Australia (English)
|10:00 - 10:30||
"AI Education in Times of Crisis”. Irwin King, The Chinese University of Hong Kong (English)
|10:30 - 11:00||
«Quantifying the Impact of Severe Weather Conditions on Online Learning during the COVID-19 Pandemic». Mercedes Rodrigo, Ateneo de Manila University, Filipinas (English)
|11:00 - 11:30||Coffee Break|
|11:30 - 12:30||
Lightning Talks: (Spanish)
|12:30 - 13:30||
eMadrid Panel Session
|13:30 - 14:00||11th eMadrid Workshop closure|
Not available yet