EC-TEL 2015, “Design for Teaching and Learning in a Networked World”
The tenth anniversary edition of the European Conference on Technology Enhanced Learning (EC-TEL) was held in Toledo during September 15–18. Universidad Carlos III de Madrid was this year event organizer, with Professor Carlos Delgado Kloos, coordinator of the eMadrid Network, as the "Local Organization Chair".
In the tenth year of its existence EC-TEL is becoming the major interdisciplinary venue for the community of technology-enhanced learning researchers in Europe and worldwide. The theme of EC-TEL 2015 was “Design for Teaching and Learning in a Networked World.” This 2015 edition was again extremely competitive, given the high number of communications submitted. The acceptance rate for full papers was 21 %.
eMadrid network was one of the supporters of the conference, and there was a very important presence of eMadrid members. Specifically, the communications of eMadrid partners that have been published are as follows:
- Carmen Fernández-Panadero, Mar Pérez-Sanagustín, Abelardo Pardo-Sánchez, Raquel Crespo-García and Carlos Delgado Kloos, A Framework to Design Educational Mobile-based Games across Multiple Spaces (short paper)
- Héctor J. Pijeira Díaz, Javier Santofimia Ruiz, José A. Ruipérez Valiente, Pedro J. Muñoz Merino and Carlos Delgado Kloos, Using Video Visualizations in Open edX to Understand Learning Interactions of Students (demo)
- Diego Villarán Molina, Maria Blanca Ibáñez and Carlos Delgado Kloos, Augmented Reality-Based Simulations Embedded in Problem Based Learning Courses (demo)
- Ana R. Cano, Baltasar Fernández-Manjón and Álvaro J. García-Tejedor, A literature review of Serious Games for intellectual disabilities (póster)
- Luis Alberto Calao, Jesús Moreno-León, Heidi Ester Correa & Gregorio Robles, Developing Mathematical Thinking with Scratch: an Experiment with 6th Grade Students (full paper).