IWINAC 2015 special issue on "intelligence in educational environments"
The special issue related to “IWINAC 2015: 6th Int. Work-Conference on the Interplay between Natural and Artificial Computation” will contain the best revised papers dealing with different issues concerning Intelligent Systems for making teaching / learning more effective and accessible. Education needs in today's societies are steadily increasing. It is a challenge to find new ways of teaching to increase educational level of society. The most advanced technology would be a great help by making teaching / learning more effective and accessible. Effectiveness is mainly based on the analysis of the student situation and the adaptation of the educational experience and environment, including teaching methods and material. This include learner analytics and accessibility in order to understand learner needs and enable and facilitation access to education in very different problematic cases, including physical distance between educator and student, student cognitive physical or emotional problems, or any other special situation. In particular, Artificial Intelligence (AI) techniques can foster this process in these situations and provide an enriched learning experience.
- Paper Submission Deadline: November, 30th, 2015.
- Decision Notification: January, 31th, 2016.
- Final Paper Submission: February, 29th, 2016.
- Rafael Martínez Tomás, Departamento de Inteligencia Artificial de la Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia.
- Miguel Rodríguez Artacho, Departamento de Lenguajes y Sistemas Informáticos de la Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia.