Call for papers EC-TEL 2017
The European Conference on Technology-Enhanced Learning (EC-TEL) engages researchers, practitioners, educational developers, entrepreneurs and policy makers to address current challenges and advances in the field.
This year’s theme of ‘Data Driven Approaches in Digital Education’ focuses on the new possibilities and challenges brought by the digital transformation of the education systems. The increasing amount of data that can be collected from learning environments but also various wearable devices and new hardware sensors provides plenty of opportunities to rethink educational practices and provide new innovative approaches to learning and teaching. This kind of data can provide new insights about learning, inform individual and group-based learning processes and contribute to a new kind of data-driven education for the 21st century.
The conference will explore how data can be used to change and enhance learning in different ways and to collect evidence for technological innovations in learning: for instance multimodal data, personal data stores, data visualisations for learner and teacher awareness, feedback processes, predictions of learning progress, personalisation and adaptation, as well as data-driven learning designs, or ethics and privacy policies for the data-driven future. Papers should consider data at different scales (individual, group, class, massive) and different dimensions (cognitive, emotional, behavioral) of learner engagement with the technology.
It is looking forward to receiving papers that address the conference themes and are informed by theories of pedagogy and evidence of effective practice. Qualitative papers offering robust meta-analyses or having visionary new educational designs are also welcome.
Full Papers, Short Papers, Posters & Demonstrations:
- 3 April 2017 - Mandatory submission of an abstract
- 10 April 2017 - Submission of full version
- 29 May 2017 - Notification of acceptance
- 26 June 2017 - Camera-ready versions
- 10 April 2017 - Submission of workshop proposal (Abstract not needed)
- 5 May 2017 - Workshop notification
- 12 and 13 September 2017 - Workshops
- 20 June 2017 - Room reservation for project meetings
- 11, 12, 13 September 2017 - Project Meetings
- 24 July 2017 - Early-bird registration ends
- 14 and 15 September 2017 - Main conference