On the occasion of the VI eMadrid Workshop, held on 3, 4 and 5 July 2017 in Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Puerta de Toledo campus, it conducted a series of interviews in which the participants at the event responded on various aspects related to the topic central to this issue, "learning analytics". During the interviews they presented their opinions on the subject and the main bets they are making in their companies.
July 3, 4 and 5, 2017
Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Campus Puerta de Toledo. Ronda de Toledo, 1, 28005, Madrid.
"Education in exponential times"
In collaboration with SNOLA
Attendance is free, but registration is required.
The eMadrid network, as part of the call for R&D programs in IT 2013, has launched a new Call for the eMadrid 2015 Awards for papers in which the theme was wholly or partly related to research or development of educational technology.
The awardees in each category are as follows:
Friday, June 2, 2017
- 15:00 - 15:40: Adaptive strategies and monitoring in Moodle with learning analytics. Daniel Amo, Escoles Minguella.
- 15:40 - 16:20: Responsive platforms as an adaptive pedagogical tool. Eva Iglesias, Coordinadora del Área Académica de PRL y Seguridad de Bureau Veritas.
- 16:20 - 17:00: Exploring mobile technology as a facilitator of learning in interactive environments. Bernardo Tabuenca Archilla. GICAC,UPM.
Carlos III University of Madrid will be the scene of e-learning and educational innovation during the week of 22 to 26 May. Two events will take place on the campus of Leganés: EMOOCs 2017 European MOOC Stakeholders Summit and Open edX Conference 2017.
The annual EDUCON (IEEE Global Engineering Education Conference) will take place from 25 to 28 April. This year will be held in Athens (Greece) and will be entitled "Challenging the transition from the classical to the emerging Engineering Education".
Members of eMadrid network universities will participate in a special session called "Digital Education in the Classroom" in which different works will be presented that revolve around this common theme.
The eMadrid network, as part of the call for R&D programs in IT 2013, launches the Call for the eMadrid 2015 Awards. The following categories have been enabled:
- Prize for best doctoral thesis
- Prize for best final degree project or master work.
The seventh international conference on learning analytics, "Learning Analytics & Knowledge", which aims to analyze educational data to improve the learning process, was held in Vancouver, Canada, from 13 to 17 March. This conference aims to promote the scientific exchange of interdisciplinary research at the intersection of learning and computer science. Inspired by the emergence of MOOCs and the tremendous change that accompanies reflection on education, this conference was created by ACM as a new academic venue for the presentation of high quality research on how learning and teaching can change and Improve when done to scale.
Friday, March 17, 2017
- 11:00 - 11:45: Collaborating to learn: Hope for the best but prepare for the worst?. Frank Fischer. Munich University.
- 11:45 - 12:30: Artificial Intelligence as an Effective Classroom Assistant Benedict du Boulay. Sussex University.
- 12:30 - 13:15: Technologies that improve learning...Really? A critical look from the educational evaluation. Gregorio Rodríguez Gómez. Cádiz University.
HP and Universidad Rey Juan Carlos inaugurate a classroom dedicated to training and innovation in virtual reality and augmented reality
The Rey Juan Carlos University and the company HP in collaboration with SPika Tech have signed an agreement for the creation of an HP virtual real classroom where future professionals specialized in virtual reality and augmented reality will be formed in the campus of Móstoles (Madrid) .
This initiative will make it possible to complete the practical training of the students of the URJC, in particular those who study in the field of engineering, experimental sciences, computer science and communication technologies..
Friday, February 24, 2017
- 15:00 - 15:40: Accessible games.Santiago Moreno, Managing Director. Fundación Vodafone España.
- 15:40 - 16:20: Geolocated games: reinventing the way you play and learn. Pau Yanez. Geomotion Games.
- 16:20 - 17:00: A game to raise awareness and prevent cyberbullying in school. Antonio Calvo Morata. UCM.
On 31 January 2017, from 11.00 to 13.00, the UNESCO Chair organizes the seminar "Learning outside the Box" at the Carlos III University of Madrid, Leganés campus.
In this seminar, two will be analyzed: one is self-regulated learning (SRL) and the other one computational thinking (CT). Now that there is so much educational material online, persons with good SRL skills have a tremendous advantage when they want to acquire new knowledge whenever needed. Prof. Mar Pérez Sanagustín from PUC Chile will report on recent findings on this topic. On the other hand, programming skills are nowadays an asset in the digital age. On top of it, understanding the essence of the concepts behind programming languages can help solve problems in a structured and systematic way. This is what has been called computational thinking. As Mitch Resnick from MIT says, you can learn to code, but you can also code to learn. From Prof. Matthias Hauswirth from the University of the Italian Switzerland in Lugano we will hear an interesting experience around CT.
The European Conference on Technology-Enhanced Learning (EC-TEL) engages researchers, practitioners, educational developers, entrepreneurs and policy makers to address current challenges and advances in the field.
This year’s theme of ‘Data Driven Approaches in Digital Education’ focuses on the new possibilities and challenges brought by the digital transformation of the education systems. The increasing amount of data that can be collected from learning environments but also various wearable devices and new hardware sensors provides plenty of opportunities to rethink educational practices and provide new innovative approaches to learning and teaching. This kind of data can provide new insights about learning, inform individual and group-based learning processes and contribute to a new kind of data-driven education for the 21st century.
Friday, January 20 2017
- 15:00 - 15:35: Computational Thinking Unplugged for Kids: Teaching Computing without the protagonist. Christian Brackmann. Federal Institute of Education, Science and Technology Farroupilha (IFFAR) / Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS).
- 15:45 - 16:10: Computational Thinking as a transversal tool in schools. Julio Rodríguez Borges. Sesa Sistemas.
- 16:10 - 16:45: Robotics in the classrooms of the Community of Madrid through the subject Technology, Programming and Robotics. David Cervera Olivares, Deputy Director General of Innovation Programs in the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport of the Community of Madrid,
- 16:45 - 17:05: The Scratch repository: new research opportunities and its impact in education Jesús Moreno León. Programamos.
- 17:05 - 17:30: Teaching environment with Arduino and Python for Robotic Education in Secondary. José María Cañas. URJC.
eMadrid Seminar on "Technologies and Applications for Persons with Cognitive Functional Diversity" (2016-12-16)
Friday December 16 2016
- 11:00 - 11:45: Video-based learning to teach job related skills to students with cognitive disabilities. Estefanía Martín. Universidad Rey Juan Carlos.
- 11:45 - 12:30: Assist with technology in the emotional self-regulation of people with ASD. Juan Carlos Torrado. Universidad Autónoma de Madrid.
- 12:30 - 13:15: Museogrades: The Immersive and Inclusive Virtual Museum. Learning and interpreting a Smart City. Miguel Gea. Universidad de Granada.
The next Tuesday November 22 2016, The Telefónica-Complutense Chair of Digital Education and Serious Games will organize a conference whose main motto will be "Serious Games: a professional future in the world of video games". In this day, the attendees will have the opportunity to know what is beyond the games for recreational purposes and will be able to know more about the formative games of the hand of the main companies dedicated to the sector of the serious games.